Selected Academic Publications
- In Press: “From City-Wide Participatory Budgeting in NYC to a Global Green New Deal: on the Power and Role of PB in a Time of System Change”; Published in Portugese by the School of Architecture and Urban Planning, Federal University of Brazil, Porto Alegre. (English version available upon request)
- 2019: “Beyond Deliberation and Civic Engagement: Participatory Budgeting and a New Philosophy of Public Power,” co-authored with Alexander Kolokotronis, in The Philosophy of the City Handbook, edited by Sharon M. Meagher, Samantha Noll, Joseph S. Biehl Routledge. 438pp.
- 2018: We Decide! Theories and Cases in Participatory Democracy. Temple University Press. 316pp.
- 2016: Co-author with Laxmi Ramasubramanian et al. “Chapter 11: Strategies for Community Resilience Practice for the Jamaica Bay Watershed,” Prospects for Resilience: Insights from New York City’s Jamaica Bay, Island Press, edited by Sanderson, Eric, William Solecki, John Waldman, and Adam Parris.
- 2016: Co-authored with Laxmi Ramasubramanian et al.” Chapter 6: Neighborhood and Community Perspectives of Resilience in the Jamaica Bay Watershed.” In Sanderson et al.
- 2014: “The Bioregion and Social Difference: Learning from Young’s Metropolitan Regionalism,” Environmental Ethics.
Brooklyn College & The Graduate Center